In the midst of packing and getting ready to go on an unexpected trip to Gramma's house, I almost forgot about the give-away. So here it is.........no pictures because both my babes are asleep (oh wait, I hear the eldest singing) and frankly, I don't think that a picture of me holding the name would do it.The winner is Katherine! It will be perfect for your hands after all the felting that you are going to do with that wool that you bought! And now for the recipes.
After getting some ideas from Elana's Pantry who has been doing gluten free much longer than I but uses different ingredients than I like to use, I came up with this following recipe. It especially passes the taste test for the little ones while still being filled with things that I want them to eat.
Lemony Almond Cookies
1 1/2 c. toasted almond meal (Toast the almonds in the oven at 300 for about 15 min and then grind them up in food processor or blender.
1/2 c. shredded coconut
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
2 tbs Coconut Oil
2 Tbs Honey
1/2 Lemon (zest and juice)
1 Tbs poppy seeds
- In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut and salt
- On a low heat melt coconut and honey, once melted add in Lemon juice and zest
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, then work in poppy seeds
- roll dough out to ¼ inch thick
- We used little heart cookie cutters...after all it is the month of love!
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown around the edge
- If you try them, let me know what you think!
And with that my time has run out and so the peanut butter cookies that arose from a gluten free cooking break through thanks to GlutenFreeGirl will have to wait. But the break through really is exciting, if you are into GF cooking read the link above. More to come!