I have had this recipe for a while and since it is included in this weeks meal plan, I thought that I would post it on here. They aren’t as light at the melt-in-your mouth macaroons but I believe that they still get to be defined as macaroons.
Whites of 4 Large Eggs
1 c. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1 c. Walnuts finely ground
½ c. Almond finely ground (Or almond meal)
½ c. Honey
¼ tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp Vanilla (I used my own homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Beat egg whites and salt until it reaches stiff peaks
- Mix coconut, walnut, and almonds (I recommend lightly toasting them prior to grinding the nuts in the food processor, although I generally have a whole process for nuts) with honey and vanilla.
- Fold nut mixture into the egg whites. (be gentle!)
- Drop about one tbs per cookie on to a parchment lined cookie sheet. If you want the little peak just give the top of each one a little pinch.
- Bake for 10 min or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack, though they may not last until cooled!
Thanks for this recipe! Looks delicious. 🙂
Let me know if you try it out!
Those look amazing!!
They are pretty tasty:).
Ohh…I was hoping you were going to post this. I don’t have walnuts on hand or I’d be making them tonight!
You could just use almonds…or sub in another type of nut.